Monday, October 15, 2007

Orgy on the roads…

The Sunday was one of the best in a while! I got an invite from Rocky for a ride with the ‘veteran’ bikers for a ‘running-in ride’ our good friend Orgy (better know as Arijeet Ghosh to others) just got the engine on his bull redone and he had to get it run in… only flipside to the invite was that I got the call at 8 in the morning when they were about to ride out and I was still lazing in the bed!
I told them to start riding and promised that I’ll catch-up with them on the way. I knew that this is a running in ride and their speeds are not gonna go over 60kph so I can catch-up with them mid-way if I maintain a speed of over 80… (Simple math, I guess)
The Wife and I had a hasty shower and slipped in our riding gear… I got some snacks and water in my tank-bag and rolled the beast out! It was all set for the ride, a full tank (20 liters!); newly serviced parts and nicely polished and buffed body! We got on the bull and started ripping on the Hosur road. Ripping at speeds of 100! I didn’t know that the bike will be able to perform so well with the full tank and both of us on it… but it did and it pleasantly surprised me!!!
I started ripping and we passed the Reliance A! Plaza in a jiffy… I was so bent upon finding these guys that I didn’t bother to stop anywhere, just wanted to catch 4 bulls cruising lazily on the roads… I reached pretty far after Hosur and decided to call these guys and check their position… what a shame?!! They were still at the A! Plaza and I just shot past them some 10kms ago… so I turned back, caught up with the guys, Rocky, Prateek, Fiona (?) (Rocky’s pillion) and our Mr. Orgy! We had a quick breakfast of Idli and coffee… and started on the roads again.
The roads were just heaven! Completely empty, straight, well tarred and amazingly picturesque! An all along 4lane highway… we turned towards Pondicherry after Krishnagiri and stopped at the Tamilnadu State Hotel/Restaurant to have some grub and the very famous ‘CHILD BEER’ and no there is not typo here, it’s the CHILD beer and not CHILLED… but the bar was closed and there was nothing else to eat there… we all had a cold drink each and started our ride back.
This time I took Rocky’s bike as Tana wanted to test his much better back-rest… well we rode till the Punjabi dhaba on our way back stopped there and had a sumptuous lunch of rotis, dhal and chana masala. After the nice lunch and a few photo-ops we started back. Rode till after Hosur and then took a diversion to a 2lane road, amazingly this road was also pretty picturesque and offered a lot of twisties… but this was the last lag of the ride and we found ourselves back in Bangalore and to the usual snail-paced traffic.
I just rushed home, wanted to spend the rest of the day just lazing at home… Rocky called up after a while as we had sorta lost each other on the way back in the city traffic I thanked him for the superb and laidback ride. And promised to be part of the next one!
Now I’m sitting here, relishing those slow ride moments and cursing myself for not remembering to keep the camera in my bag… missed on a lot of great foto-ops… hopefully next time not too late from now…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice log... Though I know Rocky & Orgy for more than an year - never got a chance to ride with Rocky. And only once with Orgy to Shoolagiri, that was an year ago...