I got tagged by –XH- for this. This is a meme, but a little bit interesting and different. There are 10 points/questions, and you are supposed to elaborate on each point. My responses to everything…
1) It is important to be liked by others: only if you really care about the ‘others’ I usually behave like an uptight prick (according to most people) and still manage to make enough ‘good friends’ that I wouldn’t even think about this question. People are perceptive and perceptions are always different… so bottom line should be “to hell with ‘people’ if the ones who matter to me like me as much as I do them, its all okay” :D
2) Obedience is a virtue: what is obedience? – lemme do a word search…
1. The state or quality of being obedient.
2. The act or practice of obeying; dutiful or submissive compliance: Military service demands obedience from its members.
3. A sphere of authority or jurisdiction, esp. ecclesiastical.
4. Chiefly Ecclesiastical.
a. Conformity to a monastic rule or the authority of a religious superior, esp. on the part of one who has vowed such conformance.
b. The rule or authority that exacts such conformance.
Honestly, after the meaning put right there I still am kinda confused about the whole ‘obedience’ funda… yaar, obey the rules/norms/principles/etc that your want to ONLY IF U BELIEVE IN THEM! If you don’t know why you do something, but still keep on doing it, what’s the fun of being an individual (in-duh-vidual)? So the honest answer from me to this will be do it if you wanna, but then don’t be a rebel just because you are a cheapass wannabe rebel :p and don’t be submissive to everything that gets thrown your way too!
3) People are not malicious but they become so because of bad experiences or circumstances: line up all those malicious buggers and shoot them in the #$%$@#
Who am I to judge people to be malicious? This is a very classic scenario that I and my wifey go through almost every day, she thinks that the world is a very nice/safe/lovely place and the people here are like angels without their halos… I on the other hand, believe that the world is full of creeps and wannabes who are out there to hurt me and the ones I care about and I’m gonna hunt down each one of those runts and kick their happiness outta their butts… there, you figure it out now… ain’t it a very perceptive subject.
The proper statement here should’ve been “you find people malicious coz you’ve gone through some really ugly shit and some really tough times in your life and now you think that everyone else here is nothing more but a creep who should be castigated.”
4) Education broadens our view and makes people more humane: agree to it to a little bit… some of the things we study in schools do help us when we grow older, not the E=MC2 funda though… but making people humane? Nah, I don’t think so… we’ll be human ONLY if we decide to put whatever we studied as kids into action, in real life. Otherwise, this is just a world of some really well-educated monkeys and donkeys ;)
5) People who have no money troubles are happier: SAYS WHO? Just because they don’t have money problems doesn’t mean that they don’t have any other problems… its human nature to keep their minds clouded with worries and problems, if we have a very long spell of happiness, we start worrying about the impending doom and about the BAD that’s gonna happen very soon :p and trust me, it does happen.
6) As people get older they get wiser: I’ve read a very interesting bumper sticker on a friend’s car “Growing OLD is mandatory but Growing UP is optional” yeah, I do agree that old age does bring a lot of experience in life but how many of the people that you know actually use those experiences to enhance their lifestyle? And there is always the funda of ‘generation gap’ strangely everything our grandparents tell us about is usually outdated or absurd (I consciously listen to my grampa now every time I meet him, dunno how long he’s got to share his experiences with me)
7) You can live on love and fresh air: is it? Try doing it only once, just for one day! Know what? Valentines Day is just round the corner, why don’t you try and spend the whole day in your beloved’s arms without food or water… just live on all the LOVE and FRESH AIR you can get! Muahhhahhhahha
Even though I’m married and I absolutely love my wife so much that I’ve got her name tattooed across my heart, I wouldn’t survive only on love and fresh air! I’m practical and I’m human… next question!
8) There is a celestial guardian angel looking after each one of us: STRONGLY AGREE! I am a strong believer of ‘guardian angels’ and I’m sure I got a few of them hovering right over my head to look after me… otherwise how can I explain my completely ‘uneventful ride home’? Something or somebody does look after me.
9) All living beings reincarnate: They do? In that case I’ll be a dog in my next life and you will be a fire-hydrant :p
I’m still trying to run out of my current life so will not even want to think about the ‘reincarnation’ part…
10) Heaven and Hell are places you go to after death: Heaven and Hell are places right here on this planet and you’ll go through them in this lifetime! You don’t need to wait till you are dead to experience the joys of both :D
My dad has taught me a very important thing in life, we make our heavens and hells here in this lifetime, and we get to experience them in bits and pieces…
If you are living an honest life (honest means, being true ONLY to yourself) and not hurting others deliberately, you’ll live the life very happily and you’ll get to see more pieces of the ‘heaven’ here…
And if you try to cross me, ‘I’ll give you all the hell you want’ :p heh heh heh
Anyways, this was fun to write, but, there should’ve been a disclaimer onto the questions (relates to only situations in a perfect world, under perfect circumstances) I don’t know who all frequent my blog so if you find the questions interesting and if you want to come-up with your own version of answers, be my guest and tag yourself just notify me once you do it so that I can read your answers too! :D